Architectures of Time

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Net.Art


Net. art is simply not just a place to display an artist work it is more about the artist using that space to create a piece of art. When I look at net. art especially by artist such as Jodi I wonder what made them come up with that idea. This is made even more apparent when I sit down to try and create a something the style of their work and realise that it’s not as easy as it looks.

The main idea of net. art seems to be a hyperlink though which one page can be linked to another, no matter where on the internet that page is, which means potentially these artists have millions of links on which to create work.

When I was researching in to my artists I made a list of the main things that I thought made up the world of net. art:

* hyperlinks
* Colourful patterns or pictures
* Flashing text
* random scrolling
* simulating virus or glitches
* using a programming language to create a image
* mapping the Internet or links to the Internet
* error messages
* and many more

When you look at these elements you see that a lot of these things are being used more and more in corporate projects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home